Creating a functional and inviting entrance way is key to surviving our Canadian winters. Here are some ways that I get organized for the season:
- Clear out bins and donate/recycle items that are well loved or the kids have outgrown
- Fill bins with new winter gear if needed
- Clean summer shoes and store them in the basement for the winter
- Change my candle to a wintery scent (I love cinnamon!)
- Get some fresh branches for my antique vases
- Place a plastic mat on floor next to console and fill with winter boots
- Rotate summer jackets to another closet and inspect winter coats
Even the smallest space can be stylish and functional. Here is a mood board for a sweet little entryway that will welcome you home every day!
How do you get ready for winter?